Great news again from SQL Server Team – CTP 1.4!!! is available now
This is what I have read on their blog (copied)
Key CTP 1.4 enhancements
The primary enhancement to SQL Server v.Next on Linux in this release is the ability to schedule jobs using SQL Server Agent. This functionality helps administrators automate maintenance jobs and other tasks, or run them in response to an event. Some SQL Server Agent functionality is not yet enabled for SQL Server on Linux. To learn more and see sample SQL Server Agent jobs, you can read our detailed blog titled “SQL Server on Linux: Running scheduled jobs with SQL Server Agent” or attend an Engineering Town Hall about “SQL Server Agent and Full Text Search in SQL Server on Linux.”
The mssql-server-linux container image on Docker Hub now includes the sqlcmd and bcp command line utilities to make it easier to create and attach databases and automate other actions when working with containers. For additional detail on CTP 1.4, please visit What’s New in SQL Server v.Next, Release Notes and Linux documentation.
In addition, SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Reporting Services developer tools now support Visual Studio 2017. They are available for installation from the Visual Studio Marketplace providing the option for automatic updates going forward.
Get SQL Server v.Next CTP 1.4 today!
Try the preview of the next release of SQL Server today! Get started with the preview of SQL Server with our developer tutorials that show you how to install and use SQL Server v.Next on macOS, Docker, Windows, and Linux and quickly build an app in a programming language of your choice.
- Register to attend an Engineering Town Hall about “SQL Server Agent and Full Text Search in SQL Server on Linux.”
- Install on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Install on Ubuntu Linux
- Install on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Pull and run a Linux Docker container on Linux, Windows, or macOS
- Download the preview for Windows
- Create a SQL Server on Linux virtual machine in Azure
- Sign up for the Early Adoption Program (EAP) — The EAP is designed to help customers and partners evaluate new features in SQL Server v.Next, and to build and deploy applications for SQL Server v.Next on Windows and Linux.
You can reach the SQL Server blog entry here: http://bit.ly/2mUyeWN